Tube150 Celebrations at Epping Ongar Railway
28 June-1 July
As part of Tube150 celebrations the steam locomotive made famous for steaming through the Underground earlier this year, Met 1 and Coach 353, will be coming to Epping Ongar Railway the "Heritage Railway of the Year".
In addition, they will be accompanied by...
- "N2" No 1744 (thanks to the Gresley Society)
- GWR "Prairie" No 5521 – Specially repainted in London Transport livery & numbered L150 (thanks to Bill Parker)
- Two heritage Metropolitan “Dreadnought” coaches (with thanks to VCT)
- BR Suburban Brake Standard (BS) (with thanks to the NNR)
Please note that sadly the "N7" is not able to attend this event due to motive power issues at its host railway (Churnet Valley Railway). The Milk Van is also unable to attend due to a soft suspension spring. We hope both will be able to attend a future event and EOR apologies for any inconvenience.
Step back in time and travel on heritage coaches through rolling countryside on the onlyreserved section of the Underground network, the closest heritage railway to the Capital.
This will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel on a Metropolitan train (with Met 1, Coach 353 and Dreadnoughts) on former Underground metals, so an experience not to be missed!
Vintage-LT buses will be running an inclusive intensive shuttle service to the railway from Epping (Zone 6, Central Line). London Transport Museum displays, pop-up shop and family activities at both stations on the Saturdays and Sundays.
- Tickets are now available; with all day heritage travel for only...
- £20 Adults and senior citizens (£18 if booked online using the form below),
- £10 Children (£9 online using the form below)
- Senior Citizen ticket for Mon 1 July only available ONLINE using form below, £13
- £50 Family (2 adults and 2 children), (£45 if booked online using form below)
- Travel in Met Coach 353 is available as follows (these supplementary tickets are only available to holders of standard Tube150 tickets valid for the same day):
- Single journey in Coach 353 from Ongar to North Weald £5 per person
- Single journey in Coach 353 from North Weald to Ongar £5 per person
- Special journey in 353 from Ongar, non-stop through North Weald, to Coopersale, reversing and returning to North Weald (a rare chance to travel the whole length of the line on a non-stop train) £10 per person, ONLY available on the 13:35 departures from Ongar.
ADVANCE BOOKING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED as tickets are strictly limited, and we are not anticipating having any Coach 353 tickets available on the day.
A special timetable for these dates is currently being compiled, and when finalised will be available from our timetables page. This will include both steam trains and frequent inclusive heritage buses linking the railway to Epping Underground station (Zone 6). With your ticket you can travel as much as you like on the trains and buses (excluding journeys on Coach 353).
- All our "Tube150" travel tickets are valid from 09:00 on the day of travel and are valid ALL day long, on ALL heritage transport experiences throughout the day (excluding travel on Coach 353 for which a supplementary ticket is required).
- You can start your journey at any of our stations or the bus from Epping. Prior to travelling on EOR trains, please go to the ticket office to exchange your printed ticket for a special Tube150 traditional card ticket.
- e-Tickets are emailed directly to you within a few minutes of purchase, please print and bring a copy or you can display the barcode on your smartphone. If you are travelling on Coach 353 you will need to print BOTH Tube150 and Coach 353 e-tickets.
The ticket selector is loading.